This is a description - don't forget to change the thumbnail image.
Jubilee Football Club
Footy and Friendship
Jubilee Football Club is an 11-a-side football team that represents Jubilee Church Teesside.
We use football as a platform to share the good news of Jesus to those who join us for a game. We have been established since 2009 and we compete in the North East Christian Fellowship League (NECFL).
We aim to provide a footballing community which involves men playing in a competitive but fair manner.
We strive to support and encourage each other on and off the football field.
How Jubilee FC runs
- Training sessions every Wednesday night at 7:30pm to 9pm on the floodlit astro turf at the Kings Academy School in Coulby Newham. We work on football drills, fitness exercises and have a game amongst ourselves at the end.
- We play our home matches on the grass field at Kings Academy School in Coulby Newham. Kick Off is 10:30. We have a team talk and warm up before the match. Shirts, shorts, and socks are provided.
- Once a month, we run team meetings, where the team can discuss tactics, progress and management can share their thoughts with the players. We run these on the first Wednesday of every month, 6:30pm at The Kings Academy.
- We run socials for the lads to attend and provide opportunities for them to get to know each other and bond. Socials we run include BBQ’s, Bowling and Evening Meals etc.
The Management of Jubilee FC consists of:
- Manager - Rob Earl
- Assistant Manager - Michael Mayberry
- Treasurer - John Kearney
- Coach - Dan Hope
- Secretary - Allan Earl
The management of Jubilee FC is accountable to the elders of Jubilee Church Teesside and the committee of the NECFL.
Join our team
We play competitive matches on Saturday mornings and run training sessions midweek.
If you are male, over 16 and would be interested in either…
- Playing competitive matches
- Working out in training
- A casual game of football
You would be very welcome to join us.
If you are interested in getting involved, you can contact us HERE.
In 2008 Allan Earl and his son Robert, set up this football team to reach out to men in the Teesside area to achieve the following things:
- Use football as a platform to bring the gospel of Jesus Christ to men in Teesside
- To give the guys in a team an opportunity to be part of engaging in a productive activity.
- Improve the health and well of the players through the involvement of regular exercise.
- For the guys who play for the team to become a family.
- To bring Christian and Non-Christian men into community with one another.
- To pastorally care for the lads who play for the team and their families.
We formed officially and joined the NECFL in September 2009. Since then we have competed in the NECFL and have ran regular training sessions in the Teesside area.
Jubilee FC competes in the North East Christian Fellowship League. This league is made up of teams that represent churches from around the North East of England with the football played to a competitive but fair standard.
The league was formed by the League Secretary, David Wills in 1989 and this league has run for consecutive seasons ever since.
The NECFL has the following mission:
"To use football as a means of true Christian fellowship and the proper use of fellowship as a means of glorifying God and representing a good Christian witness"
The NECFL has the following objectives:
- To provide churches in the North East of England with outreach opportunities through football
- To use football as a means of Christian fellowship
- To use football as a means of representing a positive Christian witness
- To encourage one another to experience a greater understanding of God's love
- To encourage pastoral care through practical support and prayer